FCS Flight Calibration Services GmbH is a joint venture of the air navigation service providers DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung GmbH, Austro Control GmbH and Skyguide Ltd. FCS delivers several thousand flight inspection hours each year. This is achieved with our two Beechcraft King Air 350 aircraft – equipped with the most modern technology for flight inspection of navigational aids and procedure validation – , as well as Learjet 35 aircraft for radar flight testing. FCS carries out flight inspection with our King Air 350s in Europe only.
Furthermore, FCS provides R&D, engineering and consultancy services related to flight inspection of civil or military Navigation, Surveillance or Communication (CNS) systems. FCS employees are authors or co-authors of numerous scientific publications, and FCS is the owner of several patents related to flight inspection.
FCS also is a member of the German Institute of Navigation (DGON).
FCS Flight Calibration Services GmbH is a leading provider of flight inspection services for Air Traffic Control navigation and surveillance systems, as well procedure validation. Employing state-of-the art flight inspection technology and offering solutions revolving around flight inspection, FCS continuously ensures the reliability and availability of our customers’ air navigation systems and procedures. FCS is fully committed to providing high quality services and to fulfilling all requirements with respect to safety, compliance, availability, punctuality and competence, even performing complex services for our customers.
FCS as a premium service provider is committed to meet the high quality expectations of our customers through highly qualified, experienced and motivated staff. FCS flight inspectors, flight validation pilots and technical staff hold a special licenses issued by the German Air Navigation Supervising Agency (BAF), complying with the staff qualification requirements valid in Germany (extension of EU 1035/2011 requirements).
A review of the eventful history of flight inspection in Germany is provided on the website of the International Committee for Airspace Standards and Calibration
Learjet 35A Flight Testing Aircraft
- An aviation-certified GPS data logger system for position recording with or sub-meter precision, using Wide Area DGPS.
- A transponder system, which can be switched to lower output power consistent with ICAO minimum specifications while retaining full TCAS functionality.
King Air 350
Flight Inspection System
- High integrity and accuracy of the multi-sensor hybrid positioning reference system with an accuracy of <10cm for phase based DGPS, respectively 0.01° in azimuth and elevation and 20 cm in range for the fully automatic backup laser tracker for ILS and LPV, and sub-meter Wide Area DGPS precision for RNAV
- Capability to combine ILS, VOR, NDB, TACAN, multi-DME and flight validation patterns; simultaneous checking of 4 DMEs in real time and 10 DMEs in scanning mode
- EASA certified FIS-autopilot coupling, reducing pilot fatigue, improved efficiency (shorter mission durations) and repeatability, as well as the precision required for noise abatement in high traffic TMAs
- Fast radio up- and downlinks using advanced military tactical components; flight inspection parameters and graphics can be downlinked to the ground for effective ILS commissioning
- calibrated 3D antenna patterns processed in real time compliant with ICAO 8071 requirements for field strength measurement accuracy, vital for ILS, GBAS or L-band (DME/TAC) commissioning flights.
- Optional deployment of FCS’ unique real-time SISMOS (Signal-in-Space Monitoring) system e.g. for ILS, multi-channel DME, or 1030/1090 MHz RF analysis.
Management System, Approvals & Certification
- ICAO Doc 9906 Vol. 5 and Vol. 6 (Flight Validation)
- NATO STANAG A Et P-1
- Flight Inspection guidelines and manuals of FCS customers
FCS performs several thousand hours of flight inspection each year. FCS´customers include:
DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung GmbH
Flughafen Hahn GmbH